We are delighted that services at GGS will resume from this Wednesday, December 2, and are looking forward to seeing you again in shul. This message sets out some of the processes we have in place to keep everyone safe and ensure our experience in synagogue is as meaningful as possible.
One important change is that we will no longer require pre-booking for Shabbat services, but names will be recorded upon entry. Our services and programmes will be open to all ages, including families and children, so please do join us in Shul.
Please note all provision is carefully planned and follows Government, United Synagogue and local expert guidance to the letter.
We will be running Friday night and Shabbat morning services as normal (most weeks at 9:15am, but please watch for changes – eg, Shabbat Chanukah at 9am).
Pre-booking will no longer be required but you must ensure your name is recorded by our security team upon entry.
Children’s and Youth Programmes will be held outside when possible, or inside with face coverings for youth and adults.
We will run a short programme for children during davening, with stories and treats.
We will run Shacharit and Mincha/Maariv on weekdays as normal (times vary and will be included in weekly emails. If you are not on the shul list, and would like to be, please contact the shul office). Places must be booked in advance and a rota will operate where possible to ensure there is a minyan. Please volunteer for the rota if you can. In the event that a minyan is in doubt, we will try to let you know in advance.
We will aim to gradually resume in-person shiurim and programmes based on Government and United Synagogue guidelines.
We hope to hold a communal Chanukah lighting and fun programme in the Rimon playground on Sunday December 13 – please look out for further details.
Our online winter programmes will continue as advertised here.
The same processes that were in place prior to the lockdown will remain.
In particular, please remember to:
- Ensure your name is recorded for every service you attend – this can be done at the gate on Shabbat, in advance for weekday services or by scanning the QR code in the vestibule;
- Hand sanitise upon entry and exit – this is mandatory;
- Wear a face covering at all times unless you have an exemption or are primary school age or below;
- Refrain from loud singing or shouting;
- Social distancing – you must sit with your household bubble and refrain from moving around during services;
- Bring your own siddur, chumash and, where appropriate, tallit. Siddurim and Chumashim will be available for those who do not have their own but should be left in a designated box upon exit;
- Keep your coat under your seat – the coat hanging rails and hooks are not available.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you back in Shul!
Naomi Verber, Chair
Rabbi Belovski, Senior Rabbi
Benny Chain, Chair, GGS Covid Committee